Face mapping is exactly what it sounds like – you divide your face into different areas and that should give you an idea of what your body is trying to tell you. (Each zone on the face represents something different as it pertains to the body.) This is not an exact science but might give you some insight into your acne. Read on for what each zone means.
- The Forehead – outbreaks here are usually as a result of the build-up of toxins as a result of poor digestion and dehydration. Try boosting your intake of water and fiber. You need between 8 and 10 glasses of water a day to keep healthy. Cut out fizzy sodas and caffeinated beverages – they are diuretics. Using proactiv can also help you control your acne outbreaks.
- The Nose – This zone is thought to be linked with your heart. If the nose looks swollen, it is thought to be indicative of high blood pressure so steer clear of the salt and energy drinks.
- Between the Eyes – If this area is red or flaky, it’s an indication of liver problems. Keep your liver healthy by eating a healthy diet, avoiding fatty, rich foods and by not eating very later at night. Try to have your evening meal by eight o’clock at the latest. Be sure to cut down on toxins such as those found in drugs or alcohol.
- Upper Cheek – this is thought to represent the lungs. Breakouts and broken capillaries here can indicate a polluted environment, smoking but can also be hereditary.
- Lower Cheek – This may indicate bad dental hygiene. Get checked out for mouth infections and be sure to look after your teeth and gums properly.
- Ears – Acne in the ear can be especially painful as these are under the skin and so exert a great deal of pressure on the nerves. Your ears represent your kidneys so considering doing a detoxification. Also make sure to get in enough water and cut down your salt content.
- Side of the Chin – Acne here usually means that there is a hormonal imbalance. Many women find that this area breaks out on the few days leading up to your period.
- The Chin – this represents your small intestines and acne here usually means that you are battling with food allergies or are not eating properly. Consider keeping a food diary to help you nail down any potential food allergies. Consider a course of pro-biotics to boost the health of your intestinal flora.